Sunday, February 14, 2016

Sister Spotlight


Myranda Cobb
Hometown: Huntsville, AL
Major: Secondary Education and History
Favorites:
                Book: Divergent series, The Selection series, and The Hunger Game series
                TV Series: Psych, One Tree Hill, and The Blacklist
                Movie(s): Valentines Day and Moulin Rouge
                Color: Pink
                Other Favorites: Starbucks and Shopping
Hobbies: Collecting Key Chains!
Why I love Alpha Xi Delta:  When I first joined Alpha Xi Delta I was not sure what I wanted out of a sorority. I knew of the typical sorority ideals, but what came from me joining was a bond far bigger than I could have imaged. I love Alpha Xi because of the friendships it has brought me, the new found love for my philanthropy, Autism Speaks, and because of all the great experiences it has provided to me. Since joining Alpha Xi I have made more long lasting friendships than I ever would have thought; I know my sisters will be right by my side if I ever need them. I have one of the greatest Bigs I could ever ask for and she has shown me many great things about Alpha Xi.  While being in Alpha Xi, I was shown the good that we do from going out and raising awareness about Autism. We do fundraisers where we can get to meet all those affected with Autism, while telling others how they can help families in need. Before joining I would have never had the opportunity to go places or meet as many people, as I have being in Alpha Xi. Being a part of an organization that is bigger than myself and getting to help others is the greatest feeling. Wearing my letters and representing Alpha Xi Delta is an honor and privilege I cherish every day.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment