Sunday, April 17, 2016

Happy Founders' Day!

April 17, 1893 was the day that Alpha Xi Delta was nationally founded. It is a day where we honor our ten founding members: Cora Bollinger Block, Alice Bartlett Bruner, Bertha Cook Evans, Harriett Luella McCollum, Lucy W. Gilmer, Lewie Strong Taylor, Almira Lowry Cheney, Frances Elizabeth Cheney, Eliza Drake Curtis Everton, and Julia Maude Foster. These ladies made Alpha Xi Delta what it is today, the sorority we call home.

The Theta Phi chapter at UAB is celebrating with alumnae. This is a day to remember where our chapter has come from as well as recognizing the founders hard work to establish Alpha Xi Delta. Our Founders' Day ceremony honors each of our ten founders. We also highlight their accomplishments throughout their college career and beyond. We close with a rededication ceremony to keep us grounded in our values.

"Founders' Day is the day commemorating the ten amazing women that came together to form the organization that today gives me the most amazing and incredible support group that I could ever ask for. April 17th reminds me that ever since 1893 there have been Alpha Xi Delta women who had the same support and love that I experience every day. Being able to call myself an Alpha Xi Delta is something that I take such pride in. In the last 3 years, it has impacted my life and taught me so much about how to be a gracious, strong, smart, and courageous woman. I love Alpha Xi Delta and am so thankful for the ten women who made it all happen over 100 years ago." ~ Bailey Stein

No comments:

Post a Comment