Wednesday, September 20, 2017

It's the {little} things that make life {big}

As big/little week is approaching this month, I have talked to some littles from PC '16 and asked them some questions about their bigs and what their favorite memory is! Not only do you meet a lifelong friend, but the best mentor! You celebrate birthdays, go to formals together, and share so many memories together! Big/little week is one of the best weeks of the year!

MEET MARI AND AARTI:

What is your favorite thing about your big? She is incredibly patient with me. I love that I can go to her with anything and get good advice every single time.

What is one word that describes her? Compassionate. Mari is mom! She listens to people very well and always offers a helpful solution. She cares about the people she loves and will do whatever she can to help them.

What is your favorite memory with your big? Mari, Avery (her big and my g-big) and I went to a haunted maze the night after my initiation. It was so much fun and I couldn't stop laughing at how afraid Mari was!! She hid behind Avery and I the entire time, but it was sweets she went just because she knew how much I wanted to.

What is one thing you wanted out of a big? I wanted someone that would mentor me and offer me solid advice when I needed it. Mari has done all of this and so much. She's the first person I want to talk to when I'm struggling with a deeper issue and never fails to make me feel better. I found everything I was looking for!


         MEET ALYSSA AND MOLLY:

What is your favorite thing about your big? Alyssa is the most encouraging person I have ever met. Whenever I feel like life is not working out or classes get intense she is always there to tell me that I can do it. She encourages me daily to realize my potential in every aspect of life and I am so lucky to have her. 

What is one word that describes her? The best word to describe Alyssa is Inspiring. She is going to school to be a teacher and while student teaching and taking classes she still finds the time to teach little kids dance at Ms. Kelly's School of Dance. She has a huge heart and is so focused on helping children find their passions.

What is your favorite memory with your big? I think my favorite memory with my Big was on Alpha Xi's beach trip. We went down a day early and stayed at her condo for the night at orange beach. Instead of going to the beach and playing in the ocean or building a sand castle, we sat on the beach and slept. I know that sounds weird, but if you know Alyssa and I you know how much we love sleep. She legit is the best big I could ever ask for and I am so glad Alpha Xi brought me my beach buddy.

What is one thing you wanted out of a big? Joining a sorority the big/little relationship was something that was really important to me. I wanted someone who was going to look out for me and make sure I was keeping up with my grades and my health and all of that adult stuff that I am very bad at. Alyssa has been that and more. I never feel like I am alone because of her. I know I always have someone to take my crazy questions to and tell me that I need to study for my test so I don't fail. She pushes me to do more in my life that I have every dreamed possible. She talked me through changing my major when I just thought I wasn't smart enough for college. Everyday she helps me realize that I have so much to give the world and she helps me go down the right path to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment